Snapchat’s Spotlight feature has quickly become one of the most popular destinations for users to find fun, engaging content.
In this post, we’ll dive into how to post on Snapchat Spotlight and how to create captivating videos that drive results.
How to Post to Snapchat Spotlight
Via Mobile Device
- Record your Snap.
- Edit using the creative tools in the app, such as Lenses and Sounds.
- Add a topic (optional).
- Tap the Send button.
- Tap “Spotlight” on the top of the “Send To” screen.
- Log into your Snapchat account.
- Drag and drop your video into the left-hand side.
- Add a topic.
- Choose where to save your video.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on “Post to Spotlight.”
How to Check the Status of Your Submitted Spotlight Videos
- Navigate to your profile.
- Tap on your submitted Snap.
- You’ll either see “Submitted” or “Live.”
- Submitted means it’s been received but has not been featured (yet) on Spotlight.
- Live means it’s been shared on Spotlight and can be seen by all users.
How to Save or Delete Snaps Shared on Spotlight
- Tap the Settings button in your profile.
- Tap “Spotlight and Snap Map.”
- Tap the download icon to save the Snap to your memories or the trash icon to delete it.
Once you delete a Snap, it will no longer appear in Spotlight but it’s important to note that it may have already been shared by users, as it was originally public.
Tips for Creating Snapchat Spotlight VideosImage Source
1. Be creative.
Social media is an incredibly competitive landscape, so thinking outside the box is key.
You’ll want to take risks and push boundaries by experimenting with different angles and topics. Snapchat recommends posting videos that invite engagement, content that:
- Educates viewers – Tutorials, DIYs, arts and crafts.
- Invites viewers to participate in a challenge – This can be a dance, prank, music, or other.
- Appeals to people’s emotions – Think animals, babies, and nature.
- Showcases your talent – Have a special skill you want to show off? This is the place to do it, as long as it’s child-friendly.
2. Meet the Spotlight guidelines.
Every Snap submitted to Spotlight goes through a review process before it is shared to ensure it aligns with Snapchat’s community guidelines. If you’re not sure your Snap is eligible, make sure it meets these criteria:
- Your video is high-quality with approved sound (music from the in-app library), and is between five and 60 seconds.
- Your video doesn’t feature any sponsored or promotional content with links and/or attachments.
- Your video doesn’t have any watermarks from other platforms like TikTok or Reels.
- Your video doesn’t feature any illegal, or activities unsafe for those under 18 years of age, such as gambling and drinking.
3. Post often and experiment.
Are you getting the most out of social media? It’s easy to get turned off by the amount of effort that goes into creating great content, but a key element in being successful on social networks is consistency.
Posting videos often will accomplish two things: It will give you more opportunities to get in front of your audience and you’ll discover what content resonates best with your audience.
Don’t be afraid to create something new and get it out there – you just might be surprised at the response you receive.
Leave a Reply