The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has extended the deadline for updating your personal details like name, date of birth or address, for free by three months. Earlier the deadline to update Aadhaar details without paying a fee was June 14, 2023.
Now, the UIDAI has extended the deadline till September 14.
However, the service can be availed free of cost only online through the myAadhaar portal while updating demographic information at any physical Aadhaar centre would attract a fee of Rs 50, according to UIDAI.
UIDAI had asked citizens to update their demographic details on Aadhaar cards, specifically for those who had received their Aadhaar cards 10 years ago.
“Keep Demographic Details Updated to Strengthen Your #Aadhaar. If your Aadhaar had been issued 10 years ago and had never been updated – you may now upload Proof of Identity and Proof of Address documents online at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in ‘free of cost’ from 15 March – June 14, 2023,” UIDAI had tweeted in March.
Keep Demographic Details Updated to Strengthen Your #Aadhaar.
If your Aadhaar had been issued 10 years ago & had never been updated – you may now upload Proof of Identity & Proof of Address documents online at https://t.co/CbzsDIBUbs ‘FREE OF COST’ from 15 March – June 14, 2023. pic.twitter.com/CFsKqPc2dm
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) March 16, 2023
How to upload address and identity proof for free:
- Visit to the official website of UIDAI – https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Login and select the option ‘Name/ Gender/ Date of Birth and Address Update’.
- Click on ‘Update Aadhaar Online’ option.
- Select ‘Address’ from the list of democratic options and the click ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
- Upload the scanned copy and enter required demographic information.
- A Service Request Number or SRN will be generated which will help in tracking the status later.
- With completion of updating, an SMS will be received.
How to track Aadhaar update details:
Once the request for changing Aadhaar details is submitted, a URN will be generated in the format of 0000/00XXX/XXXXX. This URN number will be received through SMS on your registered mobile number.
The URN and Aadhaar number can be used to track the status of the update at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus
The UIDAI has a 24-hour, toll-free helpline number where citizens can also call for any query or information regarding Aadhaar enrolment or update status, PVC card status and SMS updates. The toll-free number is 1947.